Top 5 Tools That Are Winning At Data Visualization
Data analytics continues to evolve at a staggering rate, what with the arrival of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning in the picture. As the data analytics market evolves, visualization of data has become key.
Taking into perspective the amount of data generated and analyzed, it is imperative that the data be visualized in a manner in which data discovery becomes simple and decision makers are able to make sense out of it. This is where data visualization tools come in.
Data visualization tools take the raw data generated by big data and analytics data engines and present it in a numerical and graphical format, housed in dedicated, custom-made dashboards. Each dashboard can be fine-tuned on the basis of data and intelligence needs and industry-defined or role-specific KPIs.
Interactive data visualization tools are big on ease-of-use, offering intuitive navigation, drag-and-drop options and simple data structuring options. The ideal visualization tools is also big on connectivity, being connected to all the relevant data sources so that the user doesn’t run dry in the middle of analysis. Last but not the least, a data visualization tool should be flexible enough to adjust to your business domain. Essentially, it should have the capability to create custom dashboard based on industry-specific KPIs.
Here is a list of top 5 tools that fit all the above criterias and are winning at big data and analytics data visualization.
- QuilkView: QuilkView is a guided analytics and dashboarding solution that has been steadily revolutionizing the data discovery and visualization landscape since its launch. QuilkView is an insight-driven tool that allows you to create flexible guided analytics applications. When it comes to usability, QuilkView scores big, allowing you to create custom application using its own script. Data is beautifully represented and it is easy to integrate QuilkView with existing business applications using dedicated APIs. QuilkView gives you complete control of your data, allowing top-down control access, data privacy & security and data management.
- Tableau: Tableau is a world leader in data visualization. The best part about Tableau is that you don’t need any coding experience to find your way around the software. Tableau is available in desktop, mobile and cloud versions, with the basic version being freely available at most academic institutions. Simple, interactive dashboard allow you to zero-in on actionable insights. Data connectivity is aplenty as Tableau offers support for everything from big data platforms and SQL database to cloud-based apps like Google Analytics and Salesforce. Its exceptional drag and drop features enable deep data analysis and visualization, leading to actionable insights on-the-go. As far as visual representation goes, Tableau covers all the bases. One feature that stands out is its mapping tool, which allows you to represent your data on maps of more than 50 countries on the basis of postal codes.
- Microsoft Power BI: Power BI is Microsoft’s answer to data visualization tools that have flooded the market. Microsoft Power BI bills itself as a business analytics tool designed to deliver insights to your organization. But it is so much more than that. Biggest advantage you would have with Microsoft Power BI tool is that its data connectivity options. On this tool, you can source data from a multitude of sources including all of Microsoft’s enterprise offerings, Oracle, Salesforce, Google Analytics, MySQL, Adobe Analytics, GitHub, MailChimp, the list is endless! It is not too far behind when it comes to data visualizations. You can create custom dashboards with a single click and convert raw data into actionable reports that can be shared across the organization. Data management, privacy and data security features can in-built Microsoft Power BI and it scores high on compliance.
- ClearStory: ClearStory offers no nonsense data visualization solutions. The tool offers none of the gimmicky features but all the analytical and visualization capabilities you can get. ClearStory’s solution is highly scalable and flexible, offering targeted data visualizations that offer quick actionable insights. The visualizations offered by ClearStory’s platform takes into account the data’s size, source, shape and semantics. Every feature is tied to the central aim of aiding in data discovery, exploration and interpretation.
- Dundas BI: Dundas BI by Dundas Data Visualization is a browser-based business data analytics and visualization tool that is taking the market by storm. The tool allows you to create integrated dashboards, perform complex data analytics and also offers best-in-class reporting tools. Offering cutting-edge data visualization tools, Dundas BI allows you to create interactive dashboards using industry-specific KPIs. Users have often cited the tool’s ability to drill-down to the required data and generate insight-oriented visualization.
Thinklayer offers data visualization solutions designed to help you track key metrics and KPI’s and obtain actionable insights through custom dashboards. Learn more about our visualization services here.